Thursday, January 6, 2011

Shower Scene

Every good horror movie has a shower scene! Think of Psycho. The movie just wouldn't be the same without the vivid memory of blood spiraling down the drain that lingers in our minds long after the credits roll.   My story begins with a shower scene.  It is rather unexciting really.  At the time I passed it off as weird, but as I stood under the stream of hot water I sensed that the shower curtain had moved.  I braced myself. I had been married long enough to know that the next step would be eggs breaking at my feet or ice being poured over my head. To my surprise none of what I expected happened. Instead a prank, a rush of static gathered around my legs & the curtain rippled again.  I didn't realize at the time that I would look back on that moment as my first encounter & I don't even think I bothered to tell anyone about it.  Although it seemed insignificant at the time, this is where my story begins. If it were a movie you would see me from the shoulders up, the knees down, & the eerie music would set the tone... Too bad this isn't a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment